I think that one of the CBTtape files has a program that is a generic abend
catcher and you execute it, passing it a parm of your program and it builds the
ESTAEX cushion around your program.

Alternatively, our SyzMPF/z product can intercept the cancel command and keep
it from being done when you don't want it to be, so I'm sure that most if not
all other automation products can do that same thing.

You could also write a simple command exit which would intercept ALL cancel
commands and do any kind of processing you want to it (including ignore it for
certain jobs/tasks) and have that same exit allow some other command (like
XANCLE instead of "CANCEL" or "C") to actually work for those jobs that are
your favorites.

Obviously our product makes this really easy, (it allows scripts with many,
many variables to help decide if things should be allowed to happen or modify
the commands and/or send email or text messages if/when commands are changed)
and everyone should buy it from us, but it's really not that difficult to
design and write your own for simple single use things like this.

Brian