[Default] On 2 Jun 2019 19:11:41 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
00000047540adefe-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu (Bill Johnson) wrote:

>He’s selling plain and simple. So is Mugzak. Some laboratory bs that he will
>even show you in application code. Then no doubt analyze your application code
>for a small (large) fee. Nobody is saying the mainframe is fool proof. But, it
>is inherently (by design) more secure than any other platform. And, a major
>reason why almost every bank, insurance company, and major retailers still
>have them.
>Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

As a retired systems programmer whose only computer related
investments are Microsoft, IBM and HPE my belief is that if your
organization's computer system is connected to the Internet (including
from PC's using TN3270 emulation), your organization is subject to
attack.  If it does not have a group or outside organization such as
IBM, Trevor's organization or ITschak's organization doing periodic
ongoing penetration testing, your organization won't know what
vulnerabilities exist.  Since I don't know enough about the Unisys
mainframes to comment on how well they can be secured, I can't comment
on how secure they can be made but I do know it is a major effort to
take advantage of all the tools on any system in making it secure and
keeping it that way.  If I knew of any major mainframe user that does
not continually check their systems for vulnerabilities, I would be
tempted to short sell their stock because they probably either have
been breached or will be in the near future.

Clark Morris