I had already gone through the OPERCMDS and TSOAUTH classes and added the IDs
to what I thought might fix consprof.

It was not until the TSO Segment (and all I did was do UNIT(SYSDA)  nothing
else) it was not working.

The manual, in my opinion, only alluded to TSO segment without coming out right
and saying

To use CONSPROF, you need a TSO SEGEMENT on the ID issuing it.

That would have been much more clear to me.

Lizette