What happens if an SMF exit modifies the SMF record? Do the next exit in the
chain, SYS1.MANx and/or the stream see the modified record, or is the exit
only modifying a "private copy" of the SMF record?

It would seem to me to be an important point, and the documentation is
pretty much silent (or I am visually challenged). However, I tend to
interpret "Word 1: The address of the record that SMF is to write" as
implying that there is only a single copy that will get passed on down the
line.

I will submit an RCF once I get a definitive answer here.

Charles