NEVER MIND.... They did something on their end to set ports and fix the firewall to allow for them.

On 6/27/2019 2:08 PM, Brian France wrote:
Trying to establish a SSL FTP over port 990 with a winders servers. Have done this in the past with no issues but now it seems with a newer version of winders maybe combined with FW rules I can't obtain a data channel. Connection over port 990, cert navigation, passing of userid and password even issuing a cd command all work fine. BUT when I try to list the directory or do data transfer I don't get the data channel due I believe how they've secured it. I thought I found the answer in PASSIVEDATAPORTS setting and tried it only to see it not work and then I came to understand it's a z/OS ftp server option only. Can't seem to find one for the client. Anyone got any ide'ers they can share?

--
Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan