using "NAME" produces two lines (one that includes that catalog).  Once you
know that catalog
adding "CAT(blahblah)" to the LISTCAT will give one line per dataset name.

A better option is my version of IGGCSI00 - CATSRCH.  It can be used with a
panel or
just by itself -    "TSO CATSRCH dsn.pattern.** .   However, the output goes in
a browse
temp data set so you have to use TSO ISRDDN (or the DDLIST line command) to
edit the data set
or save it some place from there.

The best option may be to use this simple CLIST (not on my web site / CBT).
You can
pass the DSN level to it (default is your userid).  I call it "DSLISTSV".  It
will save the list
as a single data set per line in "userid.SAVE.DATASETS".

Examples:

TSO %DSLISTSV
TSO %DSLISTSV L(SYS1.L*)

PROC 0 L(&SYSUID)  G(SAVE)
 /*                                                         */
 /* Quick ISPF save of data set names. This is much quicker */
 /* than using OPT 3.4, because it does not do an obtain    */
 /* for each data set in the list because of STATS(NO).     */
 /* The dsn created will be USERID.SAVE.DATASETS            */
 /*                                                         */
 ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN
 ISPEXEC LMDINIT LISTID(LISTID)  LEVEL(&L)
 ISPEXEC LMDLIST LISTID(&LISTID) OPTION(SAVE) STATS(NO) GROUP(&G)
 WRITE COMPLETE!! RETURN CODE WAS &LASTCC
 ISPEXEC LMDFREE LISTID(&LISTID)

Should I add this to my CBT file?  If I do, I would also add "MEMLISTSV":

/* rexx */
/* Quick ISPF save of member stats.                 */
ARG DS G
/* DS is the data set name to get the stats from.   */
/* G is the middle qualifer of the saved data set   */
/* The saved data set name will be userid.g.MEMBERS */
If G = '' then G = 'STATS'
If DS = '' then DS = 'MPSYS3.USZCZT0.PRINT'
Address ISPEXEC
 "CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"
 "LMINIT DATAID(STATID)  DATASET('"DS"')"
 If RC = 0 then do
   "LMOPEN DATAID("STATID")"
   "LMMLIST DATAID("STATID") OPTION(SAVE) STATS(YES) GROUP("G")"
 End
 "LMFREE DATAID("STATID")"

Best Regards,

Mark