We are running zos 2.2 with cozbatch 5.5.0 to initiate ssh sftp client session
to a linux server over the internet. We get the error 'Received disconnect from
xxx.0.xx.xxx: 11: Sending of channel data timed out' at peak times on the
server through the day, this is not our server. I have run a tcp packet trace
and sent it off to IBM, I have that response below but they are saying there
are retransmissions on the connection that the client is not handling. The
server folks tell me they have no other clients that have problems.

Here is the catch, it only happens with the ssh client. I can pull over 200
files using filezilla on my desktop and same for my RH linux guest on zvm.

I'm at a loss as to where to go with this issue, wonder if anyone else has ever
had this issue or might have suggestions to try?

Thanks Matt

Current job settings

-oConnectTimeout=600"
-oServerAliveInterval=600"
-oTCPKeepAlive=yes"
-oServerAliveCountMax=5"

IBM Response to trace info

- There is a significant level of packet loss between these systems,
   which is forcing retransmission of packets.  Your local network
   support team will need to investigate that.

 - The server system is very sluggish in performing the retransmissions.
   There are long periods where it is not sending the missing data,
   which is likely why the server's administrators are saying that the
   client is not responding (it can't respond at the application layer
   until the missing data arrives).  One example I examined, it was 9
   seconds before the retransmission occurred, for another (closer to
   the end) it was 79 seconds.  That is way beyond normal!  That
   system's administrators need to contact the TCP software's vendor to
   get this corrected.

Thanks,