The invalid VBS segment message is completely inside SAS and MXG has no way to
detect
because SAS has already moved on to the next valid VBS segment.

The most common cause that I've seen is when one of the dump jobs to a B37 Out
of
Space, and that last record was not truncated, and the error occurs when that
file
is concatenated.

Be happy that SAS was able to recover and read the rest of the file.

Barry

Herbert W “Barry” Merrill, PHD
President-Programmer
Merrill Consultants