On 2019-07-28 09:59, tim.popes...@gmail.com wrote:
I know what not to do....but I don't know what to do, that's the point.
I installed a free VPN, used the 'what is my IP' and was able to PING to it
from MVS. However when trying to open a FTP session I get
Connecting to:   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port: 21.,
Connection to server interrupted or timed out. USER command failed. Switch be,
tween users not accepted as anonymouslevel = 3,
Any idea what it means ?

Did you set up the Windows firewall to allow FileZilla to accept connections? I've been using FileZilla server the way you use it for years, and never had any problems. FWIW, if you do not have a static IP address at home, create an account on noip.comto give yourself a "static" address.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins(a)gmail.com