From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Christian Svensson
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Integrated 3270 Console in HMC 2.12 in web browser

[[ SEI WARNING *** This email was sent from an external source. Do not open
attachments or click on links from unknown or suspicious senders. *** ]]

Hi,

Is it possible to launch Integrated 3270 Console in HMC 2.12 when accessing
the HMC using a web browser?

When I click on the LPAR and choose Integrated 3270 Console nothing happens
when using a remote web browser. It works locally on the HMC. The Chrome
network request is:

Request URL: https://xxxx/hmc/ui/dnd2/launch
Request Method: POST
Status Code: 204 No Content
Remote Address: 10.114.2.10:443
Referrer Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 06:00:22 GMT
Server: zSeries management console embedded web server / 2.0

Nothing more. Am I missing something? Some other actions at least say "this
task cannot be used remotely" which makes me wonder if I'm doing something
wrong.

Bonus question: Can I connect to the LPAR 3270 console remotely in some
other fashion?

Thanks,