>>Just never copied them to my running SYSRES volumes.

Dave,

Apart from the above mentioned you will also see

HLQ.SORTLIB
HLQ.SORTLPA

>>I tried to do a Syncsort to DFSORT migration for a former group.  We had
to back it off because they were using some of the "then" specific Syncsort
functions.  It has been so long, I do not remember which ones they were.

Bill,

Do you remember how long back it was? Did you reach out to IBM(specifically
DFSORT team) for help in converting those specific functions?  DFSORT team
actively helps customers with conversion. If you are considering to migrate
to  please
send me an email and we will try to help you out

>>And, I had to update Syncsort to do some of the things DFSORT features
that Sri Kolusu was showing me :)

Thank you.

Kolusu
DFSORT Development