We've been asked to implement MFA on the zOS Mainframe. I've read some threads
on here, and it seems some have implemented IBM's MFA solution on zOS, and some
have implemented MFA on 'winders.'

The zOS solution is pricey so we are looking at alternatives. My question is:
Does a windows implementation (tied to AD) meet audit requirements requiring
MFA on the mainframe? IOW, can the requirement be met with MFA running on
another platform?

We currently use RSA Secure server for VPN access and could possibly leverage
that for all MF access.

Our security people are doing a POC on something called PAM (Privilege Access
Mgmt/windows) to secure the mainframe, and I would like to make sure they are
not taking a wrong turn. So any input from those ahead of us on this path would
be very helpful. Thanks for looking.

-Jim