From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Thursday, 12 September 2019 03:08
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] Erase On Scratch

My only experience with EOS was as the *last* step of a DR test conducted
(across country) at IBM Business Recovery Center in Tampa. Per IBM
recommendation, we reinitialized all customer DASD volumes with full-volume
data sets marked as EOS. Then we started a mass delete procedure and left for
home. This was in the days of SLED. We were long gone when the procedure ended.