>  On Friday, September 6, 2019, 11:43:00 AM PDT, Peter Relson
 ><rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

 > Does it need saying that you ought to have your own recovery and take your

> own SVC Dump to meet your own diagnostic needs?

MPF processing is also used for Netview message processing and has some basic
abend recovery. That recovery will only allow a certain number of that specific
abend before disabling your exit for that message.

As for using system REXX in MPF, remember that REXX might not be compatible
with all messages. For instance, messages produced by device recovery. I'm not
familiar with system REXX internals so I can't say where the problems may occur.

Also be aware that this is running on the SSI with inconsistent environment.
Messages produced in a standard environment will probably work fine while the
more obscure environments could fail for various reasons. In other words, you
should test for all possible messages otherwise you run the risk of abends.

Jon.