Hi,

I understand that address spaces can be made exempt from 522 timeouts if there
is a particular value in one of three control blocks.  If I have it correct
they are:

1) The JSTL is 86400 seconds (Comes from TIME=1440 on Job card?)
2) The ASCBTOFF bit in the ASCBRCTF is set
3) The SWTL contains the magic number x'0D286880'

What can I learn from one or more of those values being set?  For example,
which z/OS or application components update those control blocks or cause them
to be updated?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Kind regards,
Lindy

P.S.  I think I asked some years ago where they magic number x'0D286880' comes
from.  I forgot. I think it was historical, and maybe counted in timerons or
something similar.