That's very interesting.

Looks like the personal edition might be a good tool to get new developers
familiar with the environment. And then maybe Enterprise edition if we want
to offload some development work from the host.

However is not clear to me how you would do applications development on the
platform if you were using a third party source code management product.
Would you be able to install that on the environment or have to download
all the source code and copy books to this environment to be able to do
test compiles?

Also does all IBM software run on the environment or only a subset?

Also one of the projects we would be looking at is spinning up our first
sysplex. It would be cool to be able to do that using ZDG&T Parallel
Sysplex but the application we want to test in this Plex is not from IBM
and I have no idea how you would get it to run.

Still food for thought.