I am seeing FTP timeouts (I know what is causing the timeout -- that's not
the question here) with the message

EZA2589E Connection to server interrupted or timed out. User cannot be
authenticated with the GSSAPI credentials

I don't see that "operation" documented here (apologies if this folds):
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.4.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r4
.hald001/vefoeza.htm

And furthermore it seems incorrect: the timeout in question was in fact a
vanilla FTP "server did move quickly enough" timeout. There was no security
failure involved.

I'm seeing it on more than one independently-configured system, so it's not
just something stupid on one system.

Anyone have any clues?

Charles