It all depends; this is the logic for the 'V' record
which comes in two flavors, with value of bytes the
result of this code:

   IF DCVCYLMG=' ' THEN DO; /* UNITS ARE KB*/
     DCVALLOC=1024*DCVALLOC; /*CONVERT TO BYTES FOR MGBYTES FORMAT*/
     DCVFRESP=1024*DCVFRESP;
     DCVLGEXT=1024*DCVLGEXT;
     DCVVLCAP=1024*DCVVLCAP;
     DCVTRFSP=1024*DCVTRFSP;
     DCVTRALC=1024*DCVTRALC;
     DCVTRVLC=1024*DCVTRVLC;
     DCVTRLGE=1024*DCVTRLGE;
   END;
   ELSE IF DCVCYLMG='Y' THEN DO; /* UNITS ARE MB*/
     DCVALLOC=1048576*DCVALLOC; /*CVERT TO BYTES FOR MGBYTES FORMAT*/
     DCVFRESP=1048576*DCVFRESP;
     DCVLGEXT=1048576*DCVLGEXT;
     DCVVLCAP=1048576*DCVVLCAP;
     DCVTRFSP=1048576*DCVTRFSP;
     DCVTRALC=1048576*DCVTRALC;
     DCVTRVLC=1048576*DCVTRVLC;
     DCVTRLGE=1048576*DCVTRLGE;
   END;

All of the other byte-containing fields in the other DCOLLECT records
are multiplied by 1024 to convert their KB to bytes, and all
byte-containing variables in MXG are in bytes, but formatted
with MGBYTES format to print with K/M/G/ etc suffix.

Barry

Herbert W “Barry” Merrill, PHD
President-Programmer
Merrill Consultants