Here is what I see on one of my z/OS 2.2 systems (also saw the same information
on a z/OS 2.3 system).  There is a section for RLSDATA as part of the CLUSTER
information.

CLUSTER ------- SYSD.HSM.ED.MCDS

     IN-CAT --- SYSUCAT.SYSTEM.ED

     HISTORY

       DATASET-OWNER-----(NULL)     CREATION--------2017.064

       RELEASE----------------2     EXPIRATION------0000.000

     SMSDATA

       STORAGECLASS ---STGADMIN     MANAGEMENTCLASS---NOMGMT

       DATACLASS ------DCLASSLE     LBACKUP ---0000.000.0000

       CA-RECLAIM---------(YES)

       EATTR-------------(NULL)

       BWO STATUS------00000000     BWO TIMESTAMP---00000 00:00:00.0

       BWO---------------(NULL)

     RLSDATA

       LOG ----------------(NULL)   RECOVERY REQUIRED --(NO)     FRLOG
------------(NULL)
       VSAM QUIESCED -------(NO)    RLS IN USE ---------(NO)
LOGREPLICATE-------------(NO)
       LOGSTREAMID-----------------------------(NULL)

       RECOVERY TIMESTAMP LOCAL-----X'0000000000000000'

       RECOVERY TIMESTAMP GMT-------X'0000000000000000'

       DATABASE -----------------(NULL)

     ENCRYPTIONDATA

       DATA SET ENCRYPTION-----(NO)

     PROTECTION-PSWD-----(NULL)     RACF----------------(NO)

     ASSOCIATIONS

       DATA-----SYSD.HSM.ED.MCDS.DATA

       INDEX----SYSD.HSM.ED.MCDS.INDEX

Also you can do the command D SMS,CFLS to see if you are running RLS at all.
If your display looks like the below example then you not doing RLS at all.

D SMS,CFLS
IGW451I DFSMS SMSVSAM COMMAND REJECTED.
THE SMSVSAM SERVER ADDRESS SPACE IS NOT ACTIVE.

Thanks..

Paul Feller
AGT Mainframe Technical Support