30 years ago I wrote something that ATTACHed multiple TCBs, each calling
ICEMAN. This worked fine but I needed to

1) Create the control cards appropriately
2) Make sure there weren't any data set collisions

In fact my use case was read the same SORTIN and sort it different ways -
in parallel.

Oh...

3) Manage the virtual and real memory appropriately.

So, yes, I think multiple tasks invoking ICEMAN in a single job step can
be done.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

zChampion, Systems Investigator & Performance Troubleshooter, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog: