From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Farley, Peter x23353
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Dynamically detect if CBLQDA is active from a COBOL program?

Is it possible for a COBOL program to dynamically detect if LE option CBLQDA is
active?

I have reviewed the LE callable subroutines and don't see an existing service
which returns that information.

Do I have to chase the LE control blocks to determine this information? (CAA ->
CEECAAEDB -> CEEEDBOPTCB -> CEEOCB_CBLQDA)  If so, what bit determines if it is
currently turned on (I don't care where it came from, just whether it is active
or not)?  Would that be CEEOCB_CBLQDA_ON = "X'80'"?

z/OS release is 2.2 if that matters.

Peter

attachments from your system.