<reply to msg to newsgroup, wasn't sent to mailing list...>

> From: "M.V Ram" <contactmura...@gmail.com>
>
> Hello, I have a question regarding the ASSBASST and ASSBPHTM fields
> of ASSB control block.
>
> To explain it better, I am quoting this example.
>
> Say, an address space 'A' schedules a "preemptable SRB S1" on
> itself. Another address space 'B' schedules a "preemptable SRB S2"
> into the address space 'A' and another address space 'C' schedules an
>"Enclave SRB S3" into the address space 'A'
>
> So, there are three SRBs running under address space A. S1 = Preemptable
> SRB Scheduled by 'A' into itself S2 = Preemtable SRB scheduled by 'B'
> S3 = Enclave SRB scheduled by 'C'
>
> Q1:  My understanding is, at any point of time while all SRBs are being
>      executed in address space 'A',  the ASSBASST of address space 'A' =
>      CPU time consumed by S1 + CPU time consumed by S2.
>
> It doesn't include the CPU time consumed by S3 because it is an enclave
> SRB. Is this the correct understanding?
>
> Q2.  When the SRBs are being executed, the ASSBPHTM of address space
>      'A' = CPU time consumed by S1 + S2 + S3. Because PHTM is for all types
>      of SRBs. Is this the correct understanding?
>
> Q3. So the delta between PHTM and ASST would always result in the pure enclave
>     SRB CPU time of that address space?

Although those fields predate my experiences with MVS, I think you will
find that those fields are only updated with CPU from the SRB routine
use after some types interrupts of the SRB routines involved.  I would
usually expect this "interrupt" to be the SRB routine termination, but
other reasons (page fault?, wait for lock?, preemption?) might get those
ASSB CPU time fields updated with CPU time "used so far" sooner.

So if the 3 SRBs are currently running (on 3 different CPUs) then
none of the fields are likely to have been updated (yet) with the
CPU they are using...

My best guess...