I've just published version 10.34a of PCRE2 (Perl Compatible Regular
Expressions)  for z/OS.  This is an interim release, while there is no change
in the core library, we've introduced the 'substitute' functionality into the
Rexx API.

The distribution is available on file939 of the CBTTAPE.org (currently, in the
'UPDATE' page)  http://cbttape.org/ftp/updates/CBT939.zip) and eventually will
move to the main page ( http://cbttape.org/ftp/cbt/CBT939.zip) in few months
The distribution includes a working simple API for Rexx and COBOL demo programs
that demonstrates the usage in COBOL and other LE languages.  The Rexx API
includes an Assembler program that could also be used to demonstrate the usage
from Assembler.

Ze'ev Atlas