I changed TZ to the value you suggested, and when I issue the time command I
get UTC.

Gadi

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 9:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Chaning time zone for Unix based tasks

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 07:09:19 +0000, Gadi Ben-Avi wrote:

>I know, bit that requires editing a file.
>I want something that can be done using automation.

A better approach, extracting information from Linux, which does it right:

    503 $ tail -1  /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Tel_Aviv
    IST-2IDT,M3.4.4/26,M10.5.0

So:
    TZ=IST-2IDT,M3.4.4/26,M10.5.0 export TZ

See: https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xbd/envvar.html

Unfortunately, this must be set in several places.

-- gil

Email secured by Check Point