From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
McCabe, Ron
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020 4:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Dynamic and static linked COBOL programs

  ⚠ EXTERNAL MESSAGE – Think Before You Click

Hello List,

Is there a way I can tell if a COBOL program was compiled and linked
dynamically or statically?  Most of our programmers can't tell and there are
times when they compile and link and static program as dynamic and it causes
issues when the program is executed.

Thanks,
Ron McCabe
Manager of Mainframe/Midrange Systems
Mutual of Enumclaw

Confidentiality Notice: This e- mail and all attachments may contain
CONFIDENTIAL information and are meant solely for the intended recipient. It
may contain controlled, privileged, or proprietary information that is
protected under applicable law and shall not be disclosed to any unauthorized
third party. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorized review, action, disclosure, distribution, or reproduction
of any information contained in this e- mail and any attachments is strictly
PROHIBITED. If you received this e- mail in error, please reply to the sender
immediately stating that this transmission was misdirected, and delete or
destroy all electronic and paper copies of this e-mail and attachments without
disclosing the contents. This e- mail does not grant or assign rights of
ownership in the proprietary subject matter herein, nor shall it be construed
as a joint venture, partnership, teaming agreement, or any other formal
business relationship.