From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020 3:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: it was 20 years ago today

External Email

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 21:14:23 +0000, McCabe, Ron wrote:

>From what I'm finding in our shop the date century window was 20 and it just
>got bumped up to 30...so in ten years we will have to go through this again
>and no will remember about it.

Dumbness is expanding: in 1965 there was a 30-year window.  In 1999 designers
settled for 20.

Some places had the foresight to implement a sliding window,
e.g.: (Today-69,Today+30).  There were probably problems when archival data
unexpectedly slid off the left end.

-- gil

DISCLAIMER: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information
that is intended solely for use by the intended recipient(s). If you are not
the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
distributing or using any of the information contained in the communication. If
you received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply email and
immediately delete the communication.