Thanks to everyone who replied, you have confirmed what I had suspected. The
ISITMGD macro seems to do some of what I want, I will take that route.

Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Allan Staller
Sent: 29 January 2020 10:56
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PDSE V2 data set info

DCOLLECT?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Robin Atwood
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 4:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: PDSE V2 data set info

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Do not click links or
open attachments unless you trust the sender.]

I have a requirement in my queue to include the PDSE Version and the MAXGEN
limit in the DSINFO report our server sends

to workstation clients. I checked the F1 DSCB, IGGCSI00 output fields, SMDEs
and found nothing. Searching only produced Lionel Dyck's

PGSEGEN utility but that works in an ISPF environment and can obtain the
values from ISPF variables (ZDSDSNV, ZDSNGEN). I resorted to a brute force
search of SYS1.MACLIB and SYS1.MODGEN using "MAXG" but that only found the
DFA and some allocation support. Is

this information actually publically available and, if so, can someone tell
me where?

Thanks

Robin

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN
::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain
viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without
referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator
or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email
are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or
opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this
message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or
attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.