On 2020-02-03 21:52, Bob Bridges wrote:
I've never used the COMPARE command.  (Never used MACRO_MSG, either.)  What
message were you expecting from COMPARE?

"Files are the same"

or of course the message that tells me they're not. It would allow me to cancel the update that in fact isn't an update, there's a "master" REXX exec that fires off updates of a lot of other execs and edit macros if some key file is changed.

It also updates the change-logs in each of the affected execs, and as we keep a few generations of older versions around, it's irritating that compares show that the change-log has been updated, but that there are no other changes. For now I've worked around it by comparing the (relatively) small number of lines-to-be changed with what's already there, and cancelling the update if they are the same.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org