[Default] On 4 Feb 2020 07:57:25 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu (Paul Gilmartin) wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 15:39:58 +0000, Ronald Kristel wrote:
>
>>Was this not resolved with PI52704?
>>
>Looking at: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI52704
>>
>I don't see that this addresses the possibility that different users at
>a single site may use different code pages.  Is the "AtSign parameter
>option"  user-specific?
>
>More general would be an "originating CCSID" option.
>
>Regardless, the OP's problem occurred with a character in a quoted
>string.  That should be immune to such syntax hyper-enforcement.
>CSSMTP is superstitious about imputed rules at "domain.net".
>
>I hate EBCDIC!

This is a case to hate EBCDIC because the code points vary for the @
(and $ and #) sign in EBCDIC since they are national characters. While
I don't know the variants for the @ the dollar sign also uses the same
bit configuration as the pound sterling sign and the Japanese yen
sign.

Clark Morris