Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>Yes, but zFS is too specific, and at risk of change.

Change cuts both/all ways. There's now at least one base z/OS component
that uses zFS nontrivially (and requires it) that isn't z/OS UNIX System
Services.

How about something like this: "...a zFS or other z/OS UNIX compatible
directory/file/path..."? That'd allow for z/OS NFS, HFS (for now, in z/OS
releases that provide it), etc. if those are acceptable alternatives.
"z/OS UNIX" seems to be an acceptable short form of "z/OS UNIX System
Services," so I think that works. If for some reason the requirement is
specific to zFS, then it'd just collapse to "a zFS directory/file/path."
Here's another form, in between those two poles:

"...a z/OS UNIX compatible directory/file/path (zFS recommended)..."

Technical writing with clarity is hard, but I think these constructions
would be an improvement.

Timothy Sipples
I.T. Architect Executive
Digital Asset & Other Industry Solutions
IBM Z & LinuxONE
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com