By definition:

"They are evaluated only one time, before the loop begins and before the
control variable is set to its initial value."

Use WHILE or UNTIL

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:14:49 +0000 "Gibney, Dave" <gib...@wsu.edu> wrote:

:>I wish to process a basic stem variable with stem.0 containing the
occurrences,
:>do I = 1 to stem.0
:>/* but, inside here, I wish to add additional occurrences */
:>  a = stem.0 + 1
:>  stem.a = 'New item'
:>  stem.0 = a
:>end

:>It appears that the do start and stop are evaluated and fixed at the
beginning and subsequent alterations to the end value aren't effective.
:>Is this just the way it is? Or is there a technique I don't know?

http://www.dissensoftware.com