On 3/5/2020 6:08 PM, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
 From the dawn of time, it was deucedly difficult to find the cause of a JCL
error during TSO logon. Then several releases ago, we were treated to a 'fix'.
The error would be displayed on the user's screen, allowing the problem to be
corrected within seconds. Yesterday we had such a situation, but any helpful
message flashed on the screen for milliseconds and then disappeared. In this
case it turned out to be missing logon proc.

I hunted in vain for doc on this problem, including maybe a need to set a parm
somewhere. We run TPX, which it just now occurs to me might be the problem...

Skip,

While not directly answering your question, I've used the following JCL for years to check out procs that fail (typically my STC sysout goes to the bit bucket):

//IBMUSERC JOB 'IBMUSER',
//             CLASS=A,
//             NOTIFY=&SYSUID,
//             MSGCLASS=X,REGION=0M,MSGLEVEL=(1,1)
//TESTPROC EXEC procname

The error becomes immediately apparent.

Tom