Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 1:25 PM
Subject: Tape devices not online during IPL

Hello

Hope everyone is doing well and safe .

When we IPL our system our Physical and virtual devices are not coming
online automatically and everytime we need to issue VARY ONLINE command.
Due to this our DFSMSrmm often throws intervention error message for RETRY.

I know COMMDxx parm can vary on it automatically during startup. Is it
possible that I can modify it in IODF definition which can make it online
automatically once the system loads ?

What would be the best approach to this issue?

Peter