On 4/8/20 1:13 PM, SUBSCRIBE IBM-MAIN Brandon Tucker wrote:
Greetings!

Hello,

I've always wondered if it was a good idea bringing up skills acquired by using z/OS Hercules with a copy of 1.10 floating on the internet?

I think it's always pertinent to bring up skills that you acquired on a mainframe that you had access to.

I think I would elide, if not actively avoid, that it was illegally using licensed IBM software on a non-IBM emulator.

Has anyone heard of someone doing this during an interview? Or what would you do/think if someone did this?

With things like Master the Mainframe and hobbyists running their own machines, it's not outside of the realm of possibility for people to have access to a mainframe to learn. It does take effort. But it is possible.

Thanks!

:-)

--
Grant. . . .