From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
John McKown
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: JCL & UNIX coding.

I like to use UNIX facilities. Especially some scripting languages, such as
awk. I use Co:Z instead of BPXBATCH. Anyway, sine UNIX is case sensitive, my
"embedded" scripts must be in lower case. I don't want to keep my scripts in
another file. So my JCL member has embedded lower case. Which makes editing the
actual JCL a mess if I forget to use CAPS LOCK while editing the JCL portion.

So, I kind of wish that the JCL converter or interpreter would accept JCL in
lower case. In particular, upper casing the JCL statements which are not
inclosed in ticks. It would just make my life easier. I.E JCL should ignore
case when not in ticks.

Feel free to call me a lazy idiot {grin}.

--
People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><

This electronic message transmission contains information from GDIT that may be
attorney-client privileged, proprietary or confidential. The information in
this message is intended only for use by the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed. If you believe you have received this message in error, please
contact me immediately and be aware that any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. NOTE:
Regardless of content, this email shall not operate to bind GDIT to any order
or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government
initiative expressly permitting the use of email for such purpose.