-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Rupert Reynolds
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 09:52

Talking of "Hello, world!", I remember working in ISPF/TSO, when a
line-mode message filled the screen. A text rendering of a ghost and "Nasty
Wetmonster* phantom strikes again!". Everyone in the office got it. I
looked up the TPUT macro and found the USERIDL= parameter.

Some clown was scanning rhe control blocks, looking for any jobs with a
User ID and sending a ghostly TPUT to every one. I don't think he ever got
sacked :-)

*name changed a bjt, to protect the guilty.