Instead of these work arounds to use a prehistoric DOS-based editor why don't you switch to an IDE?

The best IDE for Java is Intellij IDEA which has highly advanced code analysis/refactoring features. What exactly does SPF/PC buy you?

On 2020-04-12 10:56 AM, CM Poncelet wrote:
No can do. The SPF/PC 4.0.7 editor is DOS-based, but has an extender to
use whatever memory it needs > 640K.
It's Windoze that needs fixing.

On 12/04/2020 03:45, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 03:40:58 +0100, CM Poncelet wrote:

Thanks, but never mind.
The change to using '.jav' instead of '.java' for the compiler would
have to be done at Java's implementation level, i.e. as a sysadmin or
sysprog. I have found no-one among the Java developers and course tutors
who could tell me how to do this. So I thought this list *might* know.
Better to fix the editor than to break the compiler.

-- gil

.