USERID length can be 8.

TSO USED to have a limit of 8, with the SYS1.UADS emergency logon
adding a digit to access multiple records, and job submission adding a
character for the jobname.

The 8th character was/is the length in Binary, x'01'-x'07'.  Now you
can specify an 8 byte TSO USERID, with the 8th character being >
x'07'.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.e0za100/ch1tso_23_8char.htm.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 8:21 PM Frank Swarbrick
<frank.swarbr...@outlook.com> wrote:

> I'm asking about the user ID, not the password/pass phrase.  But thanks.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA