You will also need to redefine the Structure to correspond with the larger
checkpoint sizes.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Elaine Beal
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 11:00 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: JES2 Checkpoint Size 1.13 to 2.2

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Unless you trust the
sender, Don’t click links or open attachments as it may be a Phishing email,
which can steal your Information and compromise your Computer.]

We are migrating from 1.13 to 2.2 in a MAS sysplex.
JES2 WARM start, no parm changes.
Checkpoint in z11 mode.
Of course I'm trying to get around having to define a separate JES on 2.2 LPAR
A cold start is a possibility. Right now that's the only possible 'fix' that I
see

When I IPL the first LPAR on 2.2 (gotten around several errors) but now seeing
an error on the CKPT size.
Based on the message and doc I don't see any additional requirement.

$HASP537 THE CURRENT CHECKPOINT USES--532 4K RECORDS
$HASP710 this level is incompatible with one or more active members...meber is
down-level
     I've gotten the down-level before but was able to identify the issue and
get past it
            looking to do the same with this issue

Details below.

Thanks,
Elaine

$HASP537
JES2 issues a message during initialization to inform system programmers of the
checkpoint size requirements for the current checkpoint configuration. If this
is a cold start, the number is based on the parameters specified in the
initialization deck. If this is a warm start the size is based on the current
checkpoint configuration.

From displays below 532K is what is currently in use at around 90% free If the
message is based on SIZE requirements (not the 532K in use) what is the issue?
       Using the same JOENUM, JOBNUM, etc.

Is there a parm that can be changed? It would be possible to update both 1.13
LPARs and do another 2.2 IPL

Though not indicated, do I need to cold start?
     ***  There is no doc indicating that 2.2 needs additional space. even if
it did, there is plenty.                ***
     ***   but if it does need more, I can see it expecting to be using only
532K, same as the shared LPAR   ***
     ***  in which case would a 2.2 cold start update both 2.2 and 1.13 with
same utilization?                     ***

$D ACTIVATE
JES2 CHECKPOINT MODE IS CURRENTLY Z11
THE CURRENT CHECKPOINT:
 -- CONTAINS 6100 BERTS AND BERT UTILIZATION IS 5
    PERCENT.
 -- CONTAINS 532 4K RECORDS.
$D CKPTSPACE

  $HASP852 CKPTSPACE
  $HASP852 CKPTSPACE  BERTNUM=6100,BERTFREE=5752,BERTWA
  $HASP852            CKPT1=(CAPACITY=7188,UNUSED=6660)
  $HASP852            CKPT2=(CAPACITY=5388,UNUSED=4860)

CF
STRUCTURE NAME(AAAMVSP_CKPT1) SIZE(3456K)
   FULLTHRESHOLD(0)
   PREFLIST(M3KENG2)

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission.
The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore
not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or
opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any
form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for
viruses and other defects.