From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 1:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: tape drice or tape cart???

From:
https://www.dellemc.com/en-us/collaterals/unauth/technical-guides-support-information/products/storage/docu95468.pdf

  DLS180I DRIVE IS ALREADY ALLOCATED or BOXED The device that is specified
on the DEV= parameter is either already in use or is boxed and cannot be
used. Select a different drive and retry the job.

So it seems to be the drive, not the medium (tape).

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 11:54 AM CarlosM Martinez <carl...@solracz.com>
wrote:

> I keep getting this message and I cannot seem to figure out what is going
> on here we have a DELL TLM and there are 13  tape drives attached VA Z/VM
> to this test MVS guest. Has anyone ever had this?
>
> DLMSCR   VER 4.42
> DLS180I DRIVE IS ALREADY ALLOCATED or BOXED
> +TL4000 009E REJECTED COMMAND FROM BATCH JOB VPPPDBEG:
> +TL4000 006I SCRATCH VSN 800064
> +TL4000 057E VOLUME 800064 CANNOT BE SCRATCHED.
> +TL4000 059E THE DLMSCR COMMAND FAILED WITH A RETURN CODE OF
> +TL4000 053E SEE DMC.TL4000.D200503.T110302.U400544 FOR DETAI
>
> Thank you

People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><
John McKown