On 2020-05-02 8:24 AM, Wayne Bickerdike wrote:
As a Yorkshireman, it means "anything ". Nowt means "nothing".

Ha ha ha ha - very good!

For this sort of stuff I like to look at the swap reason code.

TI - TSO input wait
TO - TSO output wait (3-asterisk syndrome?)

US - unilateral swap
EX - exchanged swap

Remember the pre-WLM SRM WLM recommendation values?
When was the last time anyone ever saw an exchange swap?

Back in the day:
OT - OUT and ready - physically swapped out but ready to be swapped in.

Of course, with z/OS, there are no physical swaps any more - it's all logical swaps, where the LSQA (and probably most of the working set, subject to page stealing, which probably only happens on very heavily loaded systems) still resides in real storage.

For years on z/OS, I was always amazed afresh every time I saw all the local page data sets have zero used slots. I guess the amount of real storage that comes on z boxes has increased from the early 370/XA/ESA days.

:)

Cheers,
Greg