Soooooooo if you had guests averaging 18GB each, and you follow
recommendations for page volume utilization (50% as I understand it), Mod 9s
would yield around 4GB useable page space each.

That would give you 100 such images per VM ...... (250 volumes times the
4GB/volume divided by 18GB per image)?

I know this rough but am I headed in the right direction?  I'm making the
assumption (an this may be incorrect) that the available real storage
backing could support virtual requirements.

On 9/30/10 9:24 AM, "Rob van der Heij" <rvdh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM, George Henke/NYLIC
> <george_he...@newyorklife.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for my ignorance and naivete, but I am simply staggered at the volume
>> of page volumes of whatever size, 100 - 240.
>>
>> I have just a Dev Test z/VM environment with 2 measly 3390-3's for Paging.
>>
>> Granted, I am running only 5 z/OS vm's and 3 Linux vm's.
>
> My test system does not have that either. But think of 250G real
> memory and some 100 Linux guests of 4-10 GB each, all running
> enterprise applications.
>
> | Rob

--.  .-  .-.  -.--

Gary Dennis