> I emailed the seller and asked why it was never used and the answer was:
> "I did not use the saddle because it is such a beautiful show piece."
>
> Don't Ansurs sell for about $3,000?  And custom would be extra I
> assume.  I don't get it--I'd sure use it!



I had a "showpiece" saddle one time---  I bought it off a florida tack
classified where a woman had bought a horse and a new Bob marshall
came with it.  I got the Bob marshall for 900 and I have NEVER seen
one like it.  I saw one that was similar but none as gorgeous as this
one.  It was black with all kinds of elegant, elaborate floral tooling
and silver everywhere.  I sold it for 1500 to a MAN who said he wanted
it for barrel racing??  Do men barrel race?  Would a man who barrel
raced want such a fancy saddle?  He said he was a cop too.  I bet he
gave that saddle to his girlfriend!  But I just knew it would always
be a total waste on me, even as a parade or show saddle.  It sat in my
house six months before I sold it.  Know what kinda saddle would be a
hoot to own??  a trophy saddle !  One that said "2006 WGC Roper" or
something haha.  That would be so fun to have...
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to