--- Ann Cassidy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > > > When the owners started to notice her feet being in pain, they > called > > out the Vet (Pat De-Angelo...who in my opionion should have his > > liscenced revoked...) said there was not much he could do. They > > asked if they should change her diet...he told them no to keep on > > feeding her the senior and the grain, and fresh pasture was fine. > > > > > > Interesting, when I took my Cushing's mare up to the UC Davis vet > school > because of sinusitis, caused, we found out by an infected tooth, > they > recommended I feed her senior feed for weight gain. When I > questiond this > for a Cushing's mare they said the glycemic index was not very high > in > Equine Senior. I could not believe it! Needless to say, I won't go > back > there and certainly won't use them as a source for nutrition. This > mare also > had a history of laminitis. > > I feed her LMF low carb complete, grass hay and rice bran and corn > oil to > put the weight on. She looks good and has gained 100 pounds. > > Ann > Bodega,CA
Sally has been in contact with LMF, there is no distributor here in hawaii, so she is working with them to find out how to get it here....We have many many clients who would purchase the feed for their horses, if only availible.....as we can not purchase a ton a grass hay at one time from the same source (bluegrass here is $23.oo a bale, orchard grass is $30 a bale and timothy is $28.....) and the shipments are spurradic......I call it island tax. Storme __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com
