On 1/15/07, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This made me think - for all of you NC people who are interested, our local
> farrier's association, the same one that asked Liz do the gaited horse
> conformation presentation and Cherie to do the clicker training demo,
> sponsors a hoof dissection clinic every year, the last Friday in April.
> This year, I do NOT have any foals going to be born that day (I missed 2004
> and 2006 due to lack of sleep) so I'm planning to go this year.  The charge
> is about $75 per limb, and 2-3 people can easily share one. Also, after the
> dissection, it's possible to have your limb mounted by a taxidermist, with
> hinges so you can open it and see the inter-workings of the hoof.  I went to
> one of these before, but was more of an observer than a participant.  This
> year, I think Cary and I will share a limb, and I think I'll pay to get ours
> mounted, because that's a great reference tool - my farrier keeps one in his
> truck to help explain things.  It will be held at one of our county high
> schools.  I'm sure we could find a way to work in a ride the next day...


Karen -

Have you received any more info on this?

Laree

Reply via email to