> Ok, of the ones who develop SE later, say after five years - do they > typically have a milder case? Or has no one made enough notes about that to > have a good idea? (Gee, I'm praying it's milder, since Loftur showed his > first signs late last summer, about 7-8 years after he was imported, I > think.)
I sure hope so - I am not sure. > What's the latest anyone knows of a horse developing SE? Didn't Renee > Martin's Rose wait almost 10 years? Her case was severe enough that she > finally sent her from Michigan to California to live. > > Are we yet sure it can be prevented by those measures? I know that is Dr. > Sollner Webb's theory, but do we know yet if it will prevent it, or if we > are only controlling its onset? I'm pretty sure that Renee used the > flyspray regime to try to control Rose's case. I think it helped some, but > not enough. Not sure, Karen, but it helps. When I keep mine inside - which means I am here - the horses do a whole lot better than when they are outside. One needs to remember that up until now, the horses have been on their own for weeks at a time when I had to go back to Evanston. So they have been outside and have developed lesions. Our new house is up now and will hopefully be finished by fall. So this is the last year when they will be on their own at all. From next year on, we will be here and will protect them much better than until now. I will let you know how much difference that can make by fall of 2008. Anneliese
