On 01/04/07, Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > don't own any Icelandics yet but I am desperately looking for a saddle
> > to fit my North Swedish draft mare (they look very similar to
> > Icelandics and are shaped very much like them- maybe a little wider)

Wow...a North Swedish draft mare.  I'd like to see a few pics of her..

I've just started my quest to begin fitting Solon for a saddle.  I'm
sort of kicking myself because I just sold a wintec endurance that
just might fit him.

But then I'm sort of a nut about saddles and I do have to clear the
tack shed once in a while.

Anyway, Solon has withers and is what I would call an A frame.  Judy,
you have his shoulders featured on your site.  We'll probably get him
started this fall in the bareback pad.  However, until then, I'll be
investigating what might fit an Icelandic who actually has withers.

So...I'm worried that a treeless won't work for him.  He'll end up
being my boy that needs a custom saddle, I just know it.

Wanda

Reply via email to