> amazed at the difference this has made in my mare. I bought the Double
> KK clippers and she FLIES up the mountain like a mountain eating
> machine. (Of course she is in pretty good shape...but i KNOW the
> clipping has helped). I live in Longmont Colorado and we have had some
> WARM almost hot days along with our typical spring cool ones. But this
> is the BEST advice ( clipping) i have followed!


thank you!  I need news of clipping info whenever possible!  The last
two rides Tivar was so dramatically more comfortable.  he is new here
so I dont know if he finally acclimatized (nw fla near ala) but I was
beginning to worry he wasn't gonna be physically happy here!  In the
winter he had all that hair and would be actually huffing and panting
on the warmer days when it was around seventy, then it would freeze
and I wouldnt feel like riding long rides, then I bodyclipped just
underneath and one ride it seemed to make no difference!  That was
when I began to worry, because if I clipped and he was still too hot
and huffing and panting, then that was not good!  But now he doesnt
even breathe hard!  I am thinking next winter I will clip him totally
and keep him clipped/  I blanket my horses only when a hard freeze,
down in the 20s and teens, only a few times a year.  It won't be that
much trouble just to blanket him on these cold cold nights, rather
than feel terrible on a ride with him hot and panting!  But maybe it
was just the acclimatization.  I won't know til next winter.  But it
is just a huge relief he is gonna be able to exert here without
huffing and lathered, he was barely sweaty today!  But there is
nothing to clip now!  he has shedded already.  yay!  Does your horse
still have winter fur?

Janice--
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to