>>> And if I used my 12' rope where and how would I tie that?

As Robyn S just said, I'm not crazy about the mecate type ropes either.  I
never know where to put the ends such that they aren't in the way, or heavy.
I don't know if anyone has noticed in my pictures, but I've made a couple of
emergency leadlines that I keep attached to the back of my saddles.  They
are smaller rope than most leadlines - maybe 1/2" instead of 3/4" and only
maybe 7 feet long instead of 10 or 12 feet - and I "crochet" them to make
them short and compact.  I attached a snap to one end, and tied a few pieces
of leather strings to the other.   Leather string has multiple uses in
emergency situations - it can repair a lot of tack, or tie something to the
saddle.  Plus, the leather on the ends can be swished around should I forget
my fly whisk.  We almost always ride with halter-bridles, add-on bridles
over a halter or multipurpose halter/bridle/sidepulls, so I don't have to
lead a horse by the bit.


Karen Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]




Reply via email to