>  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it's as 
> much as 50% in some form or another, but how 
> will we ever know if we don't talk about it?
  Karen

here in Iceland there are not that high % for last 15 years I got 1
and I know of  3 other  1 with not one in the bag 
went for surgery could only reach 1 got him in 
for training and had him for almost 2 weeks 
returned him to the owner who put him down the 
hormones was just so much you could not train it 
,yeh and coast me some repair on fence´s

the other two got one down and they where keept 
intact to at least 4 but are geldings today
by the way one of then was close related to mine on the father´s side

and it´s a couple of thousands of horses just in my nearest area.

and this is something that we mare owners talk 
about and discuss here in my area we talk about 
it when we have one,and of course blame the 
stallion for at the first time it happen´s

My mare Mósa has had 5 colts and 1 filly and one 
colt didn´t drop any testicle no of the colt´s 
are related to each other but I will not use that 
stallion again.She is still used in breeding but 
would she turn up with another one then I wouldn´t blame the stallion again.
The other 4 colt´s has been fully equiped at 10 
monht I don´t  check it untill then usually as 
we  don´t bring the foals in untill christmas.

Regards Malin


Reply via email to